In The News
Pictured left to right: Lexy Carroll, John Carroll, Debbie Powell, Steve Teller, Lisi Teller, Steve R. Freed, Nancy Eisenstadt, Rick Powell, Anne Barnett & Michael Firestein
Concern II Volunteers to be Honored
Mayor Barry Brucker and the Beverly Hills City Council presented Proclamations to honor several of the volunteer members of the original Concern II, the second generation of Concern Foundation for cancer research, on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hills City Hall.
From their first LE Club Concern event on the A&M Records soundstage in 1982 until their merging into Concern Foundation in 1993, Concern II raised and granted over $ 2.7 Million DOLLARS for cancer research focused on pediatric cancer. Concern II provided funding for the establishment of the brain tumor laboratory at Children's Hospital Los Angeles and the groundbreaking funding of the first ever pediatric cancer research exchange program between the All Union Cancer Center in Moscow Russia and CHLA.
Aside from Los Angeles, Concern II also established two very successful chapters one in Orange County and the other in Cleveland Ohio. Over $1.5 MILLION DOLLARS was granted to Children's Hospital Los Angeles with another 14 cancer research institutes in Los Angeles, across the country and around the world shared in the remainder of the funds raised by Concern II.
Congratulations to these long-serving volunteers and board members for their tireless commitment to Concern Foundation over the last 3 decades as their outstanding fundraising efforts have helped to make remarkable strides in the cancer research community.
- Concern Foundation supports research that aims to unlock the mysteries of the liver
Hope News, City of Hope - September 22, 2008
- 2008 Block Party on KNX Business Hour with Frank Mottek
July 18, 2008
- Concern Marks 40 Years and $40 Million Raised To Fight Cancer
The Beverly Hills Courier - July 18, 2008
- 2008 Block Party on BizBash
July 15, 2008
- 2008 Block Party on Gayot.com
- My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys" - article about Beverly Hills Cowboy
- Sophie Gayot talks about the 2008 Block Party on KNX Radio
June 30, 2008
- Beverly Hills Cowboy is "Hero of the Week" on KNX Radio
June 12, 2008
- Concern's 40th Anniversary on KNX Radio
May 5, 2008
- 2007 Block Party on KNX Business Hour with Frank Mottek
July 3, 2007